We drive to south east, the first high mountain to be seen is the picturesque Mount Nemrut, with the mausoleum of the Commagene King Antiochus at its 2150 meters peak. After we have lunch at a local restaurant by the Ataturk Dam Lake, drive up to Mt Nemrut. On the summit of Mt Nemrut, sits the gigantic funerary sanctuary erected in the first century BC by King Antiochos I of Commagene. The engineering involved continues to amaze visitors seeing for the first time the artificial tumulus as it is flanked by terraces, on which rest the colossal statues of Apollo, Zeus, Hercules, Thyce and Antiochus. Mount Nemrut is on the UNESCO list of World Cultural Heritage Sites. Watch the spectacular sunset on Mt Nemrut.
*Prices are per person in 2 participants*Book Now
One of our friendly experts will contact you in a blink!
– Air conditioned luxury midibus with driver on tours
– Professional guiding on tours
– Lunches on tours
– All admission fees to the museums and sights
– International flight tickets
– Drinks during the lunches
– Not mandatory but customary tips